Thursday, September 30, 2010

The Nursery

We are changing my old office into Emelia's room.  It's the bigger of the two other bedrooms.  She'll have a double closet and a nice window.  She'll also be right near us (like there's a choice in a townhome!) and next to the main bathroom. 

We've taken a lot of care to pick out the items for her room - researching the products and selecting items that will be the most versatile as she grows.  We are reusing my dresser and chest that was bought for me 27+ years ago.  It's in great shape, so why spend $1000 on more furniture?  Her crib is one that converts from a crib to a toddler bed to a full bed with headboard and foot board. 

Andrew and I selected, after a ton of angsting on my behalf, a beautiful bedding set with a little giraffe on it. 


I went out onto the internet and purchased the bedding set from a supplier who had many in stock.  After 9 days (on September 28th), I received an email telling me that the order couldn't be fulfilled because the bedding was out of stock.  I was crushed, but I put on my big girl panties and found a second site from which to order.  When I checked the status of the order on Wednesday evening, it said that the order had been cancelled!  I had not received any notice so needless to say (pregnant/hormonal/crazy), I was peeved!  I went to a third site (which I hadn't considered from the beginning because they didn't have an extra blanket for the set that I wanted), and purchased it.  I was also able to contact the second company.  They told me it wasn't the whole order (just the extra blanket) that was cancelled even though the site said, "Your order has been cancelled."  Really, what else was I to think?  They are cancelling the order and refunding the credit card.  I'm happy to report that the third place shipped the bedding today via UPS - I even have a tracking number!  Hooray! 

This weekend, my goal for us (I use us lightly since it will be mostly Andrew) is to get the crack in the corner caulked and insulate the attic access that is in her closet.  Then, I would like to get the trim and ceiling painted.  We (used lightly) also need to move some furniture in both Emelia's room and in the living room.  We got a storage ottoman to replace the coffee table so we can put Piglet on the coffee table and hopefully out of baby-reach.  It's a tall order, but I think we (again, used lightly) can do it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment